Student Design Competition updates
The Registration Deadline has now past, it is now closed and we are moving into the design Submission phase of the competition.
– Minimum submission: 2 panels in A1 size
– Full color detailed sketches to full renders
– File format & size: *.pdf, *.jpg. *.png
– Submission methods: via email or placed up on http://DropBox.com or any other site content distribution site. Just send us a link to the designs and we will download them. We will send you a confirmation email of receipt once we receive your designs. If you do not receive this conformation within 48 hours, please contact us once again.
– Should enter a title, participant’s name, university name in the submission email.
– Do not put your name on the art work.
– Email address: DesignContest@BayBridgeHouse.org
– All submissions will receive an email acceptance response.
– Submission deadline: 20 Oct. 2013, 5:00pm PST
As proof that you are an active student, the winner of the contest will be asked to provide a current student ID for verification The winner will also be asked to submit a brief discretion of their thought processes and ideas that created the design.
Students from some of the top Schools of Architecture in the world have signed up compete.
Academy of Art, San Francisco, CA
UC Berkeley, CA
California College of the Arts, Oakland, CA
San Francisco Institute of Architecture, Alameda, CA
UC Davis, CA
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Ball State University
University of Kansas
University of Illinois
Fakulteti Arkitektures dhe Urbanistikes, Albania
Universidad Privada del Norte de Trujillo, Peru
Ryerson University, Canada
School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal, India
National superior school of architecture of Paris Val de Seine, France
University of Melbourne, Australia
Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
Queensland University of Technology, Australia
AAAD in Prague, Czech Republic
University of Kashan, Iran
Universitas Katolik Parahyangan, Bandung, Indonesia
University of Architecture and Urbanism “Ion Mincu”, Bucharest, Romania
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh
Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh
Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
RMIT university, melbourne Australia
University of Asia Pacific, Bangladesh
TU Iasi, Faculty of Architecture G. M. Cantacuzino, Romania
McGAN’S Ooty School of Srchitecture, India
The Royal Danish Academy of fine arts and architecture, Denmark
Università degli Studi di Salerno, Italy
VŠUP, Czech Republic
University of Thessaly, Greece
Bahcesehir University, Turkey
We have built a world class judging panel with industry and community expert judges.
– 33% from the Board Members of Bay Bridge House.
– 33% from members of NeighborLand.com.
– 33% from industry experts:
Ronald Rael – Associate Professor of Architecture, UC Berkeley, Principal @ Rael San Fratello Architects
Daniel Krivens – LEED AP and Senior Designer @ NicholsBooth
Donald MacDonald – FAIA Building Architect – Co-Architect to the new Oakland Bay Bridge
A Very Special trophy is in the works for the winner!
The competition has gone viral and is gathering outside support as well. It has been listed or mentions on the following sites:
American Institute of Architects, San Francisco
The American Institute of Aiarchitects
Death By Architecture
Academy of Art Blog and news letter
SFSU news letter
UC Berkley news letter
Illuminating Egineering Society
Boston Architectural College
More updates will be added to this page as they arrive…..